9 ProPoints Per Serving
Mustardy Leek and Potato Bake
- 450g Potato
- 450g Leek
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 50g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 600 ml Milk
- 100g Soft Cheese
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 30 mins, until tender.
- Meanwhile heat a large casserole and spray with the cooking spray then add the leeks and season. Cover and leave to sweat for 20 mins over the lowest possible heat.
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the margarine in a small saucepan then add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins, then add the milk, little by little, stirring until each addition is incorporated smoothly into the sauce. Add the soft cheese and heat gently, stirring until melted in, then add the mustard, season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to gas Mark 4/180ºC/350ºF.
- Drain the potatoes and chop into cubes
- Add to the leeks along with the garlic and cheese sauce, stirring gently to combine.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and bake for 20 mins.
8 ProPoints Per Serving
Sausage & Spring Onion Hash
- 750g New Potatoes
- 6 Pork Sausages
- 1 Bunch of Spring Onions
- 300g Cherry Tomatoes
- 75g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Simmer the potatoes in a pan of water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Fry the sausages for 8-10 minutes. Chop each into 4
- Fry the spring onions for 2 minutes
- Add the potatoes for 10 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and sausages and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Preheat the grill to high
- Sprinkle over the cheese and grill for 3-4 minutes
11 Propoints per Serving (456 Calories)
Garlicky Pork & Potatoes
- 8 Garlic Clove
- Zest and Juice 1 Lemon
- 3tsp Thyme
- 2 x 140g Pork Loin Steak
- 400g Salad Potatoes
- 2tsp Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 (200c)
- Cook the potatoes in simmering water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Tip potatoes into a ovenproof dish and flatten slightly
- Add 6 garlic cloves and spray with potatoes and bake in oven for 20 minutes
- Add lemon zest and season to the potatoes. Return the oven for 20 minutes
- Crush the remaining garlic and mix with the lemon juice, thyme and olive oil. Season.
- Flatten the pork
- Fry the pork for 8 minutes
- Add the lemon mixture for 2 minutes
11 ProPoints per serving
Watercress, Bacon & Potato Gratin
- 600g Potatoes
- 4 Rashers Bacon
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 150ml Chicken Stock
- 150ml Milk
- 100g Crème Fraiche
- 80g Watercress
- 30g Grated Cheese
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 (180c)
- Simmer the potatoes in the pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Fry the bacon for 2 minutes
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute
- Pour in the stock, crème fraiche and milk. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat
- Arrange the potatoes in an ovenproof dish and top with ¾ the watercress
- Pour over the sauce and top with the cheese
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Top with the remaining watercress