4 Propoints per Serving
Pork, Leek & Sage Burgers
- 2 Small Leeks
- 500g Minced Pork
- 75g Breadcrumbs
- 2tsp Mustard
- 40g Parmesan
- 1tsp Sage
- Boil the leeks for 4 minutes. Drain and remove as much water as you can.
- Mix the mince, Parmesan, sage, breadcrumbs and mustard and season
- Shape into 8 burgers. Chill
- Fry the burgers on each side for 6 minutes
8 ProPoints per serving (285 Calories)
- 2 Leeks (thinly Slices)
- 2 Spring Onions
- 300ml Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tbsp English Mustard
- 320g Puff Pastry
- 30g Grated Cheese
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 (180c)
- Fry the leeks and spring onions for 5 minutes until soft
- Mix together the milk, eggs and mustard.
- Lin a baking tray and place pastry on top.
- Scatter the vegetables over the pastry and pour over the egg mixture
- Scatter over the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes
12 ProPoints per serving
Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pearl Barley Risotto
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 200g Pearl Barley
- 250ml White Wine
- 750ml Chicken Stock
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 200g Mixed Mushrooms
- 2tbsp Crème Fraiche
- 2tsp Parsley
- 2tsp Tarragon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 15g Parmesan
- Fry the leeks and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the leek has softened.
- Stir through the barley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat and pour in the wine.
- When the wine has been absorbed, add 750ml (1 1⁄4pt) of the chicken stock. Allow to cook on a gentle simmer for 40 minutes, or until the barley is tender. Add stock if the mixture looks too thick.
- Cook the chicken until brown on each side, add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- When the risotto has cooked, stir through the chicken, mushrooms, crème fraîche and the herbs.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan. Serve immediately.
9 ProPoints Per Serving
Mustardy Leek and Potato Bake
- 450g Potato
- 450g Leek
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 50g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 600 ml Milk
- 100g Soft Cheese
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 30 mins, until tender.
- Meanwhile heat a large casserole and spray with the cooking spray then add the leeks and season. Cover and leave to sweat for 20 mins over the lowest possible heat.
- To make the cheese sauce, melt the margarine in a small saucepan then add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins, then add the milk, little by little, stirring until each addition is incorporated smoothly into the sauce. Add the soft cheese and heat gently, stirring until melted in, then add the mustard, season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to gas Mark 4/180ºC/350ºF.
- Drain the potatoes and chop into cubes
- Add to the leeks along with the garlic and cheese sauce, stirring gently to combine.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top and bake for 20 mins.
Leek and Cheddar Bread Pudding
- 1 leek
- ½ Red Pepper
- 100g Mushrooms
- ½ tsp Mixed Herbs
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg
- 150ml Milk
- 40g Grated Cheese
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 (170c)
- Fry the leek, pepper and mushrooms for 4-5 minutes
- Ass herbs and season
- Spray baking tray with oil and sprinkle half the breadcrumbs over the base
- Top with the vegetables then sprinkle the rest of breadcrumbs on top
- Beat the egg and milk together and pour into baking dish
- Sprinkle the cheese on the top
- Cook for 20 minutes
5 ProPoints Per Serving
Chicken and Spring Vegetable Stew
- 400g Chicken Breast
- 250g Leeks
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 250g Carrots
- 100g Pearl Barley
- 1.7 litres of Chicken Stock (Made with 1 Stock Cube)
- 250g Cauliflower
- 4 Spring Onions
- 150g Kale
- Fry the chicken on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Remove and set aside
- Fry leek for 5 minutes until softened
- Add the garlic and carrot and season. Fry for 5 minutes
- Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the pearl barley. Pour in 1.2 litres of the stock and cover
- Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until barley is tender
- Add the cauliflower to the stew with remaining stock. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes
- In the final 3 minutes ass the spring onion and kale