563 Calories per Serving (14 Propoints)
Sicilian-Style Tuna Lasagne
- 400g (can) Chopped Tomatoes
- 250g Mixed Peppers
- 85g Black Olives
- 2tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1tbsp Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 x 185g (can) Tuna
- 200g Cream Cheese
- 12 Lasagne Sheets
- 125g Mozzarella
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 6 (200c)
- Simmer the tomatoes, peppers, olives, cinnamon and herbs
- Add the tuna and season
- Mix the cream cheese with seasoning and a little milk to make a thick sauce
- Pour a third of the mixture into bottom of a dish and top with 4 lasagne sheets
- Top with a third of the cream cheese mixture and repeat until mixture has gone.
- Scatter over the mozzarella
- Bake of 35 minutes
Rich Cheese and Meatball Lasagne
- 24 Small Beef Meatballs (about 400g)
- 6 Sheets Dried Egg Lasagne
- 50g Grated Mozzarella
- 1 Onion
- 2 x 400g (tins) Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 350ml Beef Stock (made with 1 beef stock cube)
- 100ml Red wine or Extra Stock
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Fan 180c/Gas 6.
- To make the sauce, fry the onion gently for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir in the tomato puree, stock, wine, if using, and oregano. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bake the meatballs for ten minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the meatballs to the pan with the tomatoes and cook for ten minutes more, stirring occasionally until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is rich and thick.
- Boil the lasagne sheets for seven minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally to stop the lasagne sticking together. Drain in a colander.
- Take the meatballs and sauce off the heat. Add the lasagne and mix lightly.
- Tumble the lasagne and meatball sauce into a large lasagne dish. Pull up a few of the lasagne sheets with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for ten minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is beginning to bubble.
7 ProPoints per serving
Chicken & Ratatouille Lasagne
• 500g Chicken Breast
• 1 Chicken Stock Cube
• 40g Cornflour
• 450ml Milk
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 8 x 20g Sheets Dried Lasagne
• 40g Parmesan Cheese
• 2 Red Onions
• 1 Aubergine
• 3 Mixed Peppers
• 2 Courgettes
• 3 Garlic Cloves
• 2 x 400g (Can) Chopped Tomatoes
• 1tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
1. In a saucepan place the chicken pour over boiling water and add the chicken stock.
2. Bring to the boil, cover and remove from the heat. Leave to stand for 15 minutes
3. Fry the onions and aubergine for 4 minutes covered
4. Add the peppers courgettes and garlic and cook for a further 4 minutes
5. Mix in the tomatoes, mixed herbs and season. Simmer for 10 minutes
6. Heat the milk with the bay leaf until just boiling. Add a little to the cornflour.
7. Remove from the heat ad mix in the cornflour. Stir until thick
8. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (180c)
9. Spoon the vegetables into the bottom of a dish. Top with lasagne and layer with ratatouille and sliced chicken. Top with more sheets the white sauce and sprinkle with the cheese
10. Bake for 40-50 minutes