286 Calories (7 Propoints)
Chorizo, Butter Bean and Spinach Stew
- 130g Diced Chorizo
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1tsp Rosemary
- 2 x 400g Tins Butter Beans
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 600ml Chicken Stock
- 200g Spinach
- 2tsp Parsley
- Fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat
- Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes
- Add the garlic and rosemary for the last 2 minutes
- Add the butter beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a dimmer and cover and cook for 10 minutes
- Stir in the spinach and parsley and season
Rich Cheese and Meatball Lasagne
- 24 Small Beef Meatballs (about 400g)
- 6 Sheets Dried Egg Lasagne
- 50g Grated Mozzarella
- 1 Onion
- 2 x 400g (tins) Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 350ml Beef Stock (made with 1 beef stock cube)
- 100ml Red wine or Extra Stock
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Fan 180c/Gas 6.
- To make the sauce, fry the onion gently for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and stir in the tomato puree, stock, wine, if using, and oregano. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bake the meatballs for ten minutes or until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the meatballs to the pan with the tomatoes and cook for ten minutes more, stirring occasionally until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is rich and thick.
- Boil the lasagne sheets for seven minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally to stop the lasagne sticking together. Drain in a colander.
- Take the meatballs and sauce off the heat. Add the lasagne and mix lightly.
- Tumble the lasagne and meatball sauce into a large lasagne dish. Pull up a few of the lasagne sheets with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for ten minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sauce is beginning to bubble.
229 Calories per Slice (6 ProPoints)
Cherry & Almond Loaves
- 85g Butter
- 70g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 70g Self Raising Flour
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
- 55g Ground Almonds
- 55g Glace Cherries
- 2tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 55g Icing Sugar
- 2tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (180c)
- Beat together the butter, caster sugar, egg, egg yolk, flour, almond extract and ground almonds
- Chop the cherries and stir in
- Spoon mixture into a greased lined tin
- Break up the flaked almonds slightly and then sprinkle over the cake mixture
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes
- Beat the icing sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the cakes