290 Calories (7 Propoints)
Goats Cheese & Pesto Stuffed Chicken
- 2 x 165g Chicken Breasts
- 40g Goats Chicken
- 1tbsp Green Pesto
- 1 Lemon
- Pinch Crushed Chilli
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 50ml Dry White Wine
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6 (200c)
- Cut a pocket in the largest part of the chicken breasts and stuff with the goats cheese and pesto
- Put the chicken in a small baking dish.
- Cut 4 slices with the lemon and put 2 on each chicken breast then sprinkle over the chilli
- Add the garlic cloves, pour in the white wine and squeeze in the juice from the remaining lemon
- Season and cook for 20-25 minutes
150 Calories per serving
Honey & Sesame Pork & Spring Onion Skewers
- 450g Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 5cm Piece of Fresh Ginger
- 2tsp Honey
- 2tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 6 Spring Onions
- Soak 12 Skewers in warm water
- Cut the pork into 36 pieces.
- Mix the garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and seeds and mix into the pork.
- Leave for 20 minutes
- Thread a piece of pork followed by spring onion onto skewer repeat until have 3 pieces of pork on each skewer
- Grill on a high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side
A Hairy Dieters Recipe. 390 Calories (9 Propoints)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 25g Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Onions
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 20g Root Ginger,
- 12 Cardamom Pods
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp Ground Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- Pinch of Saﬀron
- 2 tsp Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 300ml Cold Water
- 3 tbsp Double Cream
- Cut each chicken breast into 8 or 9 bite-sized pieces, season with black pepper and put them in a non-metallic bowl.
- Stir in the yoghurt, cover with cling ﬁlm and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes but ideally 2–6 hours.
- Fry the onions, garlic and ginger in a low heat for 15 minutes until very soft and lightly coloured. Stir the onions occasionally so they don’t start to stick.
- Stir in the crushed cardamom seeds, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli powder and bay leaf. Pinch oﬀ the ends of the cloves into the pan and throw away the stalks. Cook the spices with the onions for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the ﬂour, saﬀron, sugar and ½ a teaspoon of salt, then slowly pour the water into the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle simmer, then cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, take out the bay leaf and blitz the onion mixture with a stick blender until it is as smooth as possible.
- Drain the chicken in a colander over the sink, shaking it a few times – you want the meat to have just a light coating of yoghurt.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on the heat, add the sauce and bring it to a simmer. Add the chicken pieces and cream and cook for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and cooked through, stirring regularly.
9 Propoints per Serving
Chicken Burger with Blue Cheese
- 3tbsp Barbecue Sauce
- 1 ½ tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 500g Chicken Mince
- 4 Shallots
- 30g Breadcrumbs
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Bread Rolls
- ½ Lettuce (Shredded)
- 1 Tomato
- 40g Stilton
- Combine the barbecue and tabasco sauces in a bowl and set aside
- Put the chicken mince, 1 tbsp sauce mixture, shallots, celery, breadcrumbs and garlic in a bowl
- Season and mix well form into 1cm wide patties
- Brush the tops of the patties with half the remaining sauce mixture
- Put the patties on the griddle pan sauce side down.
- Brush the other side with the sauce
- Cook for 5 minutes on each side
- Assemble the burgers using toasted rolls, lettuce, tomato, patties and cheese