Another Stolen Slimming World recipe sitting at 12 Propoints its a great dish as its full of filling and health foods.
Chicken, Lemon & Garlic Casserole
- 908 g Skinless and Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Onions
- 2 Carrots
- 198g Green Beans
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bulb of Garlic
- 1¼ pt Chicken Stock
- Cut the chicken into chunks.
- Peel and chop the onions, carrots. Halve the green beans. Slice the lemon.
- Fry the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the onions, carrots, garlic bulb, stock and. Season well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover tightly with the lid and cook gently for 25 minutes.
- Add the greens beans and lemon slices to the casserole. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard the garlic bulb.
Filling and Low Pointed at 2 ProPoints
- 1 Butternut Squash (peeled and diced)
- 1 Courgette
- 4 Portabello Mushrooms
- 2 Tomatoes
- 100g Grated Cheese
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 (200c)
- Cook butternut squash for 8-10 minutes in boiling water until soft
- Drain and mash, season well
- Place mushrooms cup side up on baking tray and divide the courgette between them
- Top with slices of tomato
- Place the butternut squash over the tomatoes then sprinkle over the grated cheese
- Cook the mushrooms in the oven for 40 minutes
- Place the mushroom under the grill for 4-5 minutes
Its 4 ProPoints when Semi-skimmed Milk and Weight Watchers Diary Spread is used. Tip Weight Watchers spread dosn’t melt very well for the cheese sauce
Cauliflower Cheese with Ham
- 450g Cauliflower
- 15g Spread
- 15g Plain Flour
- 300ml Milk
- 125g Cheddar Cheese
- 90g Ham
- 1 Tomato
- Cook cauliflower for 10 minutes in boiling water and drain
- Melt the spread and add flour and cook for 1 minute
- Remove from the heat and slowly add the milk stirring until smooth
- Return to the heat until starts to thicken
- Add 100g of the cheese and stir until melted
- Add the ham
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower add the remaining cheese and tomato
- Place under the grill
A simple biscuit recipe that is 3 points per biscuits.
- 4oz Self Raising Flour
- 4oz Spread
- 3oz Sugar
- 2oz Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Golden Syrup
- 3 tsp Boiling Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Cream the sugar and spread
- Add syrup, water and Vanillia Essence
- Stir in flour and oats
- Roll into balls
- Bake at gas mark 3 for 15-20 minutes
Yes I’m having a run of oranges. I didnt like this recipe as much as yesterdays. I think it hard a slight fake orange taste (most likely the orange juice I used) But its low 6 ProPoints.
Orange Chicken Bake
- 6 Potato’s
- 3 Leeks
- 2 Oranges
- 1.3kg Chicken
- 1tsp Thyme
- 90ml Orange Juice
- 100ml Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 (180c)
- Peel and cut potatoes. Roughly chop the leeks.
- Place the potatoes and leeks in an ovenproof dish and season
- Place slices of orange on top and add the chicken pieces.
- Season and sprinkle over thyme
- Pour over the orange juice and chicken stock
- Bake in the oven for 1 ¼ hours
I loved this. Remember to prepare it the night before though! Its 7 ProPoints.
- 150g Pork Fillet
- 1tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2tsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1tsp Orange Zest
- 3tbsp Orange Juice
- 1tsp Ginger
- 2 Spring Onions
- Add soy sauce, chilli sauce, orange zest, orange juice, orange zest, ginger and spring onions into a bowl with the pork
- Cover and leave overnight
- Fry the pork for 5-6 minutes on both sides
- Add marinade and simmer for 3 minutes
This has a ProPoints Value of 7.
Chinese Chicken Noodle Soup
- 40g Fine Egg Noodles
- 60g Baby Corn
- ½ Chicken Stock Cube made to 300ml
- 1tsp Soy Sauce
- 75g Cooked Chicken Breast
- 2 Spring Onions
- Add the noodle and baby corn into a pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water
- Pour stock into saucepan and add soy sauce and simmer
- Mix in the chicken, spring onion, cooked noodles and baby corn
- Heat through for 1-2 minutes