5 ProPoints per Serving
Queen of Puddings
- 4 Slices Bread
- 250ml Milk
- 25g Spread
- 20g Sugar
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Strawberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 (180c)
- Make the bread into breadcrumbs
- Pour the milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, spread, 10g of the sugar and lemon zest. Set aside for 20 minutes
- Separate the eggs. Beat the yolks into the crumb mixture and spoon into an ovenproof dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Place the jam in a pan and heat for 30 minutes. Pour over the baked pudding base.
- Whisk the eggs whites until stiff and whisk in the sugar until thick and glossy
- Spoon over the jam and bake for further 10 minutes